As we head into the fall, my thoughts turn to warming comfort foods. I have fond memories of a big pot of chili and cold nights growing up. I am very lucky my girls love chili. This version is made from available ingredients on hand.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes (14 oz)
- 2 cans tomato puree (14 oz)
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked chicken diced
- 4 cups chicken both
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 can of corn drained (14 oz)
- 2 cups precooked great northern beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 drops Mountain Savory Vitality Essential Oil
- 2 drops Cumin Vitality Essential Oil
- 1 drop Parsley Vitality Essential Oil
- 2 drops Cilantro Vitality Essential Oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 oz cream cheese
In a large pot add the olive oil and sauté the diced onions. Next add the bell pepper and chicken. Cook for five minutes.
Then the tomatoes, corn, beans, chicken broth, chili powder are added to the pot. Simmer the chili for thirty minutes.
In a separate small bowl mix the cream cheese and essential oils together. Set aside.
Reduce the temperature of the burner to low, making sure the chili is at a slow simmer.
Next, add the cream cheese mixture to the chili and stir until the cream cheese is melted and completely mixed in.
( Fresh vegetable can be substituted for all canned vegetables – use what you have available).
Serve hot with warm fresh flour tortillas.