So, who was excited about this month’s promos from Young Living? I was, and still am. I received the following six Vitality essential oils, which are all for internal use:
- Black Pepper
- Mountain Savory
The monthly promo also included a free charcuterie board, as shown in the picture. All free and very practical – nice!
Since these arrived earlier this month I have been busy experimenting in the kitchen with the oils, and now I have several recipes to share.
Here are two of the new recipes: Italian Vegetables with Chicken, which has a little bit of history, and Strawberry Orange Compote.
The first recipe was inspired by a small Italian restaurant in the northeast United States. My family happened to stop by it on a road trip to Boston many years ago. The meal was served family style with a lot of bread and butter. Bread and butter is my happy place! I have never forgotten this dish.
Italian Vegetables with Chicken
3 tablespoons of olive oil
4 drops Mountain Savory Vitality Essential oil
1 drop Rosemary Vitality Essential oil
1 drop Thyme Vitality Essential oil
2 drops Black Pepper Vitality Essential oil
2 drops Parsley Vitality Essential Oil
Mix oils together in small glass bowl and set aside.
- 5-6 potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 5 carrots chopped in one-inch pieces
- 3 medium onions quartered
- 2 zucchinis chopped in one-inch pieces
- 2 crook neck squashes chopped in one-inch pieces
- 1 eggplant chopped in one-inch pieces
- 2 Bell pepper chopped in one inch pieces
- 1 cup Mushrooms rough chopped
- 4 Roma tomatoes quartered
- 2 pounds chicken breast chopped in one-inch pieces
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 grated Parmesan cheese
Mix bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese together.
– Preheat oven to 400 ℉
– Preheat cast iron baking pan (see picture)
– While the pan is heating toss potatoes, carrots, and onions in olive oil ( 2-3 tablespoons).
- Add vegetables to the hot pan, place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes, or until just fork tender.
- Next, while the harder vegetables are roasting, toss the remaining vegetables in olive oil.
- Once these vegetables are fork tender add the remaining vegetables. Roast for 15 minutes.
- While all the vegetables are roasting, coat the chicken with the breadcrumb and cheese mixture. Sauté the chicken until browned.
- Finally add the chicken to the vegetables and roast for five minutes. Remove from the oven and drizzle the essential oil mixture over the vegetables and chicken and then toss.
- Serve hot in the cast iron pan.
Don’t forget the crusty bread and butter!
Strawberry Orange Compote
This simple recipe is prefect for breakfast with english pancakes, or over vanilla ice cream.
- 1 pound strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 8 drops of Orange Vitality Essential Oil
- 2 Drops Lime Vitality Essential Oil
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons of water
- Salt to taste
- Cook over a medium heat until the berries begin to fall apart.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool.
As my girls put it. “It’s a keeper!”
Hi there, we’re Micheal & Katherine!
We’re passionate about helping families strive for health and wellness, and living a non-toxic lifestyle. To us this also means homeschooling, choosing joy, exploring, making everyday count, and doing our research. We know it’s not an easy journey, but we’re doing our best and trying to make the right choices for our family.