Disclaimer: I received a FREE copy of this product through the HOMESCHOOL REVIEW CREW in exchange for my honest review. I was not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any other way.
Recently we received access for 6 months to Smart Kidz Radio: Member’s On-Demand Radio Program Library. Smart Kidz Radio is an online radio station for kids. It provides a wide range of educational and inspirational content, with a focus on music.
What is Smart Kidz Radio?
Smart Kidz Radio controls and manages a digital library of over 3,000 songs suitable for families. The content is mainly for children in preschool to middle school; although there are several programs I have personally enjoyed.
Once you have logged into your account via their website (so you can access it anytime via multiple devices), you click on the program’s picture cover that you want to listen to, and select where you want to start. Then sit back and listen to a mix of songs and voiceovers, or get up and dance if you have little ones.
Every week a new radio program is added to your music library, but you’ll see within this review that there are plenty of program options already available.
What Smart Kidz Radio Has To Offer
The radio programs in your library are organized by ‘listings’ and ‘groupings’. Each ‘grouping’ contains ‘programs’ which are ‘playlists’ that are broken down into multiple ‘tracks’. Each program/playlist varies in length, but you can quickly skip to a particular section thanks to the breakdown of individual ‘tracks’, or you can manually select your starting point within a program.
Home page Listings:
- Smart Kidz Radio Program Groupings
- Smart Kidz Totally Cool School Groupings
- Young People & Family Radio Programs Groupings
- New Releases
- Recently Played
- Coming Soon
These listings are organized further into groupings and programs:
1. Smart Kidz Radio Program Groupings
Early Learning Skills (Birth – 4)
– Early Learning Skills (My First Life Skills Part 1 & 2, and My First Nursery Rhyme Songs).
Behavior Skills Programs (Ages 3-6)
– Behavior Skills (Good Behavior Builder Songs Part 1 & 2).
Living Skills Programs (Ages 6-10)
– Living Skills (Living Skills Songs Part 1, 2, 3 & 4, and Skills To Survive and Grow Part 1, 2, 3 & 4).
Kids Bible & Inspiration Songs
– Sing Along Bible Songs (Favorite Bible Sing Along Songs Vol 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5).
Let’s Celebrate America Programs
– Let’s Celebrate America (America’s Heritage in Song, Let’s Celebrate America Concert, Children’s Gospel Choir Celebration and I Have A Dream by Martin Luther King).
Bedtime, Affirmations & Relaxation Programs
– Affirmations & Relaxation Programs (Kids Relaxation and Affirmations About Me: Meditation 1).
– Bedtime Programs.
Study Music Background Programs
– Study Music Background (Music to Study By Volume 1 & 2).
Smart Kids Classroom Programs
– Classroom (My First Activity Songs, My First Sing-Along Songs, My First Animal Songs and Animal Safari Adventure).
Sing, Learn & Play
– Sing Learn & Play (Hootenanny Concert All Time Favorites).
– Spanish (Learn Spanish – Lesson 1, 2 & 3).
Introduction to World Cultural Music
– World Cultural Music (Tribute to World Music).
– Fairy Tales. (Goldilocks & The Three Bears, Jack & The Beanstalk, The Three Little Pigs, Little Red Riding Hood, Hansel & Gretel, Aladdin & His Magic Lamp, Treasure Island, Cinderella, Pinnochio, Snow White & The 7 Dwarfs, Sleeping Beauty, Alice in Wonderland, The Tortoise & The Hare, Rumplestiltskin, The Three Musketeers, Rip Van Winkle, Robin Hood and Ali Baba 40 Thieves).
– My First Nursery Tales. (Beauty & The Beast, The Homeless Squirrels, Peter Rabbit, Sinbad The Sailor, The Little Donkey, Puss In Boots, Timmy The Elf, Peter Pan, The Stars Rain Down, The Hen That Laid The Golden Eggs, Princess and The Pea, The Little Gingerbread Man, The Wizard of Oz, and The Frog Princess).
– Grandpa Tyler’s Story Time. (A variety of stories read by Grandpa Tyler).
– Not So Scary Tales. (Boogeyman In The Basement, The Haunted Hose on Phantom Ridge, and Noises in the Attic.)
2. Smart Kidz Totally Cool School Groupings
Exploring Your World Through Science.
– Exploring Through Science (Includes programs covering animals, chemistry, physics, the weather and helping the planet).
Learning Math & Reading Skills.
– Learning Math & Reading Skills (Reading, Rhymes That Count, Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide).
Learning Personal & Social Skills.
– Learning Personal & Social Skills (Programs include Making friends, Growing Up Together and The Family Pet).
Classroom Fun with Songs & Stories.
3. Young People & Family Radio Programs
Music Education & Discovery
– Music Styles & Forms (Covers The Blues, Caribbean Classics, Classical, Country and Reggae).
– World Cultural Music (Programs discovering music from countries such as France, Greece, India, Italy, Japan, The Middle East, Russia and West Africa).
Our Musical Heritage
- Classical Master Composers (Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, Haydn, Greig & Brahms, Handel, Strauss and Tchaikovsky).
- Blues & Jazz Pioneers (Glenn Miller, Benny Goodman, Ella Fitzgerald, Count Basie)
- Christian Musical Heritage (hymns).
- The Best of Gospel Music.
- Classic Southern Gospel.
Nostalgic Music Programs
- Golden Oldies
- Groov’n Hits: Sixties
- Rock’n Hits: Seventies
- Easy Listening
- Seasonal & Holiday Music
- A Celebration of America & Military
4. New Releases
This quickly shows the programs recently released so you don’t have to search for them.
5. Recently Played
This makes it easy to find your favorite programs you listen to frequently.
6. Coming Soon…
As mentioned, a new release is provided each week. Currently the list of upcoming programs include: Hits From Broadway, Disco Fever, Silly Songs, All-Time Favorite Movie Themes, Party & Game Sing-Along Songs, The Best of Country Music, Festive Mariachi and Native American Music Rebirth Show.
I believe music has great power and is very important for all, especially children and I love how we can listen to these radio programs no matter where we are.
My oldest has shown an interest in chemistry, but didn’t take to learning about it via song. Instead all my girls preferred and throughly enjoyed listening to Young People & Family Radio Programs, where there was a focus on musical styles and cultural differences in music.
It is an easy way for them to learn how music has changed over time too and will enhance our musical studies. We have also now started listening to the Spanish programs to help the girls with their language skills.
I think this is a wonderful program, especially for those with younger children. How it would have helped to have all the songs that little ones love to listen to over and over again in one place. However we have still been able to get hours of musical entertainment from this resource so far.
Smart Kidz Foundation
It should also be noted that there is a Smart Kidz Foundation where 20% of all membership fees are donated. This non-profit foundation encourages young people to make a difference, which includes in their own life and that of others. They do this by supporting programs that encourage developing talents and career dreams where young people can make a difference toward making the world a better place.
Please click on the banner below to read how other families from the Homeschool Review Crew used their membership:
Hi there, we’re Micheal & Katherine!
We’re passionate about helping families strive for health and wellness, and living a non-toxic lifestyle. To us this also means homeschooling, choosing joy, exploring, making everyday count, and doing our research. We know it’s not an easy journey, but we’re doing our best and trying to make the right choices for our family.